Gary Chou is the founder of Orbital, a studio for building networks.
Previously, Gary was General Manager at Union Square Ventures where he created the USV Network, and Faculty at School of Visual Arts MFA in Interaction Design program where he co-taught Entrepreneurial Design.
In addition to working in a variety of consumer and enterprise tech startups, he's also been a supporter of independent creators as executive producer of multiple award-winning films and a backer over 150 Kickstarter projects.
Gary is also the host of the podcast, I Drink Two Beers and Try to Tell You How to Run Your Company. He also sits on the board of Hello World, a non-profit out to notice, develop and connect the world's young talent.
- Infrastructure and Interdependence / Notes
- Year 5
- hackNY 2016: Summer Talk
- Design Driven: Leveraging Networks to Bring Ideas to Life / Notes
- Postlight: On Orbital and Entrepreneurial Design
- Venture for America: 2014 Boot Camp
- Austin Center for Design 2013: A Realignment with Gary Chou / Notes
- Designers + Geeks: Designing for Uncertainty / Notes
- Tickets Podcast: Gary Chou and Christina Xu on entrepreneurship education and harnessing the power of networks
- People & Company: Gary Chou helps students rise to the challenge.
- Reappropriate: Meeting People Where They Are: The Seed Crystal of the Letters for Black Lives Project
- VFA: On Side Projects, Developing An Opportunistic Lens, And What To Do About Burnout
- PSFK: Orbital Offers Space for Independent Creators to Explore Unknown
- I Had Ten Dollars: Gary Chou - Orbital
- The New Disruptors: T Minus Zero with Gary Chou
- Khoi Vinh: Interview with Gary Chou of New York's Orbital